THE DUTCH Plus
The DUTCH Plus® hormone test for men and women gives us the details of all sex hormones and their metabolites, overall diurnal pattern of free cortisol, and the total and distribution of cortisol metabolites as well as Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR).
What’s Included in the DUTCH Plus®
DUTCH Plus® uses four dried urine samples and five saliva samples. These samples are collected over the course of one day, from waking to bed time. The DUTCH Plus® report includes: Metabolites of Estrogens (10, including E1, E2, E3, 2-OHE1, 4-OH-E1, 2-OH-E2, 4-OH-E2, 16-OH-E1, 2-methoxy-E1, 2-methoxy-E2) , Androgens (8, including Testosterone, DHT and DHEA-S), Progesterone (2), Cortisol (3), Melatonin (6OHMS), 8-OHdG, and OATs (6). The diurnal pattern of Free Cortisol and Cortisone are also provided, including the Cortisol Awakening Response.
DUTCH CYCLE MAPPING™
DUTCH Cycle Mapping™ maps the progesterone and estrogen pattern throughout the menstrual cycle to map the follicular, ovulatory and luteal phases. It provides the full picture of a woman’s cycle to answer important questions for patients with month-long symptoms, infertility and PCOS.
WHEN IS DUTCH CYCLE MAPPING™ RECOMMENDED?
• Women struggling with infertility
• Women with cycling hormones and no menses
• Partial hysterectomy (ovaries intact but no uterus)
• Mirena IUD (no actual menstrual bleeding due to IUD but still has hormonal symptoms)
• Women with irregular cycles
• If the luteal phase shifts from month-to-month
• Not sure when to test due to long or short cycles
• Women whose hormonal symptoms tend to fluctuate throughout the cycle
• PMS, mid-cycle spotting, migraines, etc.
DUTCH Cycle Mapping™ PLUS
DUTCH Cycle Mapping™ PLUS similar monthly cycle mapping but uses more sample collections (first-morning urine collections) and performs testing on targeted samples based on the actual length of the cycle. In addition, one full day of four (4) urine and five (5) saliva samples are collected, providing the comprehensive hormone metabolite and cortisol awakening response (CAR) results.